Avalon II Slot Review
Developed by Microgaming in 2006, the original Avalon slot pays homage to the mythical island where King Arthur's sword, Excalibur, was forged as well as where he healed after the battle of Camlann. Medieval/fantasy slots are a dime a dozen in the gaming world, but this one has really resonated with players over the years. That’s why Microgaming capitalized on this popularity by releasing Avalon II in 2014. How does Avalon II measure up to the original? Find out as we discuss this slot’s details, special features and more.
Avalon II Slot Details
Avalon II is a 243 Ways to Win slot, meaning that you essentially have 243 paylines on any given spin. But this game plays like a 30-payline slot because you must wager 30 coins per spin. At the lowest coin size of €0.01, this makes the minimum spin cost worth €0.30. You can also turn the coin size up to €0.25 and use up to 10 coins on each line, which makes the maximum bet worth €7.50.
It’s little surprise that the graphics in Avalon II are far better than the original. If you’ve ever played Microgaming’s Lord of the Rings, you’ll notice that Avalon II’s visuals look very similar. The main characters from King Arthur’s tales are portrayed in this slot, including Arthur, Merlin, Guinevere, Morgan and the Black Knight.
Avalon II Slot Features
The best part about Avalon II is that it offers so many bonus features. You can look forward to 8 bonuses, which you unlock by continually triggering the Grail Bonus with 3 or more Grail symbols anywhere on the reels. Here’s a look at what each bonus offers you:
- Lake of Legend – You roll dice in an attempt to forge Excalibur; you can win up to 15x your bet.
- Misty Veil – 15 free spins, and you choose a wild symbol before spinning.
- Whispering Woods – Choose one of 5 shields to multiply your bet win by 10x to 160x.
- Forrest Falls – 20 free spins with “Trailing Wilds,” which expand downward on a reel.
- Dusky Moors – Match 2 helms of the same type to win prizes.
- Morgan’s Keep – 20 free spins with cascading reels.
- Hall of Shadows – You fight the Black Knight to reveal a prize.
- Isle of Avalon – Spin the Wheel of Avalon to earn a prize.
Avalon II Slot Payout (RTP%)
The RTP for Avalon II is 95.92%, which is average for Microgaming slots. Overall, one great reason to play this game is the large amount of bonus rounds that are available. You can also win some big payouts while enjoying graphics that are far superior to the original Avalon game.